Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today was one of my favorite days in a long time...I grew up on a ranch and on the weekends one of the things that we did was go check the cows or the fences, just basically drive all over and look at everything.  Well, today my kids, my wonderful friend Jenny and I went on a drive...to nowhere and everywhere.  We drove for 6 hours, 155 miles, learned where South Barber road ended up and how to get from Shauwmet back to Big Timber via all dirt roads (some even would be more of a cow trail)!  It was a beautiful day, a balmy 28 degrees at the coolest and 42 at the warmest....let me say that I froze a bit, but you do what you have to when you see the beauty that I saw today...

I barely even touched this photo...it really looks like this!
 Photobucket
I ask myself almost daily how anyone could live anywhere else...
Photobucket

Photobucket

The wind was blowing the snow beautifully in the mountains, I couldn't have asked for a better day to take this drive!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Old Wheeler Creek School House
Photobucket Photobucket

I asked my daughter how she would like to go to school in a school like this and she said, "Maybe when we move to the country I can go to this school!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

God is so GOOD...look at the amazingness that HE created for us to look at everyday!!
Photobucket

I think that Jenny was wearing out the brakes in the suberban with all the stops I asked her to take...she also found out the the car will go 35 mph in reverse!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

 Anytime that I see a place like this, my mind just starts running with thoughts of who lived here, how did they live, what is inside, how many kids did they have...I just start basically making up a history until I can find out!  I love these places!
Photobucket

I really saw this, I did not put my boot on the fence!!  Isn't it just the greatest?  There was so many boots, even some old shoes up there...it makes you wonder who started that and when...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a caved in cellar next to the house and Jenny had to stop me from trying to go inside (underground and under the fallen roof)...she thought it might be dangerous :)
Photobucket

Peek-a-boo! 
Photobucket

I just love this...period.
Photobucket
This day was amazing, God was smiling down on me today for sure!  I had so much fun just cruising down the dirt road listening to music, thinking a little, laughing alot, watching my kids get excited over deer, eagles, cows or horses, being with such a good friend...

2 comments:

Kriea Arie February 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM  

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!! It just makes me miss Montana more and more!

Anonymous February 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM  

I absolutely love this kind of photography! You are such an amazing photographer. This definitely makes me want to take a drive to the middle of nowhere.
:-)

Followers

Jill Moore Photography's Fan Box

  © Blogger template 'The Lake' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP